The Guide takes decision-makers through a detailed process of evaluating the most important considerations when selecting a work-truck upfitter. Each of the evaluation criteria is described and a list of key questions is provided that can be used like a checklist regarding:
1) The qualifications of the upfitter when it comes to certification and regulatory compliance
2) The degree of knowledge and experience the upfitter has regarding your specific industry or vocation
3) The design and engineering capabilities of the upfitter
4) The array of products, technologies, and services offered by the upfitter
5) The willingness of the upfitter to develop cost-saving solutions
6) The degree of commitment the upfitter demonstrates with regard to safety standards and accident/injury avoidance
7) The knowledge of fleet procurement, maintenance, and replacement procedures the upfitter has
Sponsored by Auto Truck Group, a leading work truck upfitter, the recently published Work Truck Upfit Selection Guide addresses the expanding role of the fleet buyer/manager and the knowledge gap caused by staff layoffs and job consolidation/reassignment resulting from the economic realities of the last several years. In addition, new strict government regulations and the introduction of sophisticated technologies now impact work-truck owners and operators at even the most basic levels.
The Guide assists both novice and experienced, large and small truck buyers, business operators, and fleet managers by providing up-to-date information and describing the growing role of the upfitter in the truck buying and truck maintenance service sectors.
The Guide includes charts and illustrations; references pertinent study data; provides a list of industry resources and links for more information; as well as offers 10 quick tips for making the upfit process go smoothly.
The Work Truck Upfit Selection Guide (pdf) can be downloaded by registering at: www.autotruck.com/guide
Auto Truck Group is one of the leading work truck upfitters in North America. Founded in 1918, Auto Truck Group serves the continental United States and Canada with nine service centers and ship-through service with 5 of the top OEM manufacturers. Auto Truck Group specializes in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers, trades, and industries. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, municipal and state governments, railroads, construction, energy and many other small businesses. For more information, contact Auto Truck Group at 855-AutoTrk (288-6875), or visit www.AutoTruck.com.